Saturday, November 13, 2010

First Team Practice

I was up bright and early (6:45 AM) this Saturday morning for our first team workout over at Piedmont High School.  After getting thoroughly lost in the winding streets of the East Bay hills, I finally found my team.  I got a little grief from the East Bay-ers for my Giants shirt, and I think I may just have to whip out my new Giants championship t-shirt (thanks Mum and Dad!) for our next practice. You know, just to remind everyone who the current world champs are!

We had a pretty easy workout-- just 2 miles.  But afterwards, we got inundated with more information about Gu, gear, and good fueling (like that alliteration?  Once a nerd an English major, always a nerd an English major!) than my somewhat sleep-deprived brain could handle. 

Total mileage in my first week: 12.5 miles.  Pretty light, but I really want to ease into this and avoid over-training, so I am just going to follow the TNT recommended workouts and work my mileage up slowly.

And before I re-bury myself in my books, one last plug: PLEASE VISIT MY FUNDRAISING WEBSITE AND HELP ME TO RAISE MONEY TO FIND A CURE FOR BLOOD CANCERS!  

 http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/Oakland11/kmerkr

Much love and gratitude to all of you!  Back to the books....

No comments:

Post a Comment