Thursday, November 18, 2010

FAIL. Then... success?

Well, the best laid plans...

Last night I laid out my workout clothes, set my phone alarm clock, and steeled myself to get up at 5:00 for morning practice with Coach Al.  One wee problem: my phone was still on silent.  I'm sure it rang (silently) at 5, but I slept on undisturbed.

But never fear, friends! I had a long midday gap between classes and hit the treadmill for some interval training.  I did just over 4 miles of quarter-mile (400m) bursts.  I hesitate to call them sprints, as I think that's somewhat ambitious for my current fitness level, but they were noticeably faster bursts (or spurts: sprints + bursts... I like it!).  I was pretty pleased with my run and felt much happier afterward.

Now I'm off to celebrate a rather premature Thanksgiving with some law and graduate student friends.  I wasn't sure which Thanksgiving side dish to bring, so (of course!) I asked Martha.  Literally. 

http://www.marthastewart.com/quiz/which-side-dish-are-you

Turns out I'm "Roasted Root Vegetables" so I'm taking her advice and bringing some roasted veggies.  Healthy and Martha-approved.  SUCCESS. 

As always, I will end with a plea for your money.  http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/Oakland11/kmerkr.  Thanks so much for all your help!!  Much <3 to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment