Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Almost here!

Well, CLEARLY I have done a great job of training, law-schooling, and updating all of my generous donors.  False.  I have been terribly re-miss, and I apologize.

Well, blog, you are in good company.  I have also been woefully behind on many other aspects of daily life: laundry, eyebrow-waxing, email and letter correspondence, awareness of current events, etc.

I plead temporary law-school induced insanity and ask that you still love me.

So to update you all now...

The marathon  is less than 2 weeks away, and I am happy to say that I feel READY.  I ran 22 miles on March 5, and that was the day that this whole marathon thing became real to me.

MUCH more importantly, however, I am so happy to announce that-- with the generosity of tons of wonderful, wonderful people-- I have surpassed my fundraising goal and raised $2,177!!!!

This means the world to me, and I am so excited to make you all proud on the 27th.  Right now my biggest obstacle is kicking this chest/sinus infection and being totally healthy for race day.  Appointment at the Tang Center tomorrow for some much needed DRUGSSSS.... :-)

Have a good night everyone, and thanks for helping me and LLS-- nothing could be a better motivator for the 26.2.

No comments:

Post a Comment